Renovating and re –wiring a house more often require thorough evaluation. Hiring an electrical engineer adds cost to your budget than an ordinary electrician. These tips are for your own advantage before you execute the plan of restoration. These may also help you on evaluating the work of an electrician.
- Check the Wiring – For a house with minimal a floor area, you need to identify what type of wire to use.Cases like this, you need to coordinate your hired electrician. If it is for lighting use consider 2.0sq.mm (#14 THHN Stranded Wire), For Outlet use 3.5sq.mm (#12 THHN Stranded Wire), For 1 hp and 2 hp Aircon use 5.5sq.mm (#10 THHN Stranded Wire).
- Check the Breaker – For a House less than 80sq.m floor area the Ampere Main breaker to be used is either 40A or 60A. For Outlet and Aircon, use 30A Breaker, for Lighting use 20A Breaker
- Check the Insulation – Now that you already have the wire make sure that the electrician who would do the wiring must use a PVC pipe (Orange) or flexible hose. If you wanted to expose the wires make sure to run it with PVC Moulding (White).
- Check the Outlet – Make sure it is for universal use and with ground so that in any type of plug you can use it.
- Check the Switch – Make sure the switch you bought is embeded or exposed…because they have difeerence for wood and concrete.
So if you have a house with an area of 100sq.m or above and you think you need a licensed electrical engineer to check and inspect it while the construction is on-going ,you can contact Engr. Jess at 0995-657-5523.
Never underestimate the electrical works because it is really the fundamental aspect in construction.
To know more about us you can visit the following sites:
FB page: JTValero Electrical Services
Office/Location: Bag ong Daan St. Yati Liloan Cebu (beside St. Mary’s Subd), Inform us before you visit so that we can guide you.