Save Energy and save the Earth. Help fight the global warming.
We all know that the Philippines is one of the highest cost of electricity. In order to reduce our electricity payment here are the simple tips on how to save energy. My family already tried this and it is very effective. We do hope that you also try and see the difference. It’s just a matter of habit and discipline. No big cash out is needed.
- Refrigerator/Freezer Size – There are a lot of sizes. For small family (1-5 persons) using up to 5cu.ft is enough while for 6 and above persons then select 6cu.ft and above.
- Door – make sure the refrigerator door seals are airtight. Test them by closing the door over a piece of paper. If you can pull the paper or bill out easily, the latch may need adjustment or the seal may need replacing.
- Monitor Moisture – look for a refrigerator with automatic moisture control. Models with this feature have been engineered to prevent moisture accumulation on the cabinet exterior without the addition of a heater.
- Monitor Temperature – don’t keep your refrigerator or freezer too cold. Recommended temperature control 4 & 5.
- Regular Defrost – Defrost it at least once a week.
- Cover food – cover liquids and wrap foods stored in the refrigerator. Uncovered foods release moisture and make the compressor work harder.
- Location – location decides the pattern of its future power consumption. Put in a good circulation of air. Should not be kept close to other electrical appliances. Locate it away from heat sources and direct sunlight.
- Cool food- avoid putting hot foods directly in the ref/freezer. Let them cool in the room first.
- Keep it full – a full ref/freezer will perform better than a nearly empty freezer.
- Label food – Mark items in the freezer for quick identification so that you don’t have to keep the door open longer than necessary.
- Installed Solar power – Solar power is non-polluting and free energy heat from the sun.